Sunday, June 03, 2007

Some useful health links

I am trying to live a healthier life, so I've been trying some new things.

Fitness and Diet Journal
This journal is fantastic. And it's free. It is super easy to use. It is one of the best fitness tools I have ever used.
Pose Running
Well, if you have read this blog at all, you know that I have a love/hate relationship with running. I've never considered myself to be naturally good at it. Pose Running is the form taught to professional and Olympic athletes. It's not that easy at first, because there are all kinds of drills I have to do to understand the fundamentals of the technique, but I really think this is exactly what I needed to get through my running "problem."
Combat Swim Stroke
This is a bit interesting. Since I got hurt, I've taken up swimming and I got this video. It's kind of like a cross between a side stroke and a butterfly stroke (I think that's the name.) It's supposedly super-efficient and it's not too tiring. I'm still working on it, but I think I'm getting it down.
Rock Climbing
Yes, I finally went climbing last night and I loved it, as I thought I would. I recently bought a pair of climbing shoes, these, and they were wonderful! They didn't hurt my feet and they kept me on the wall like I had claws for feet. Of course, I hurt all over, but that will go away. I'll be joining the gym on payday so I can go whenever I want.

I recommend all these products.

No comments: