Monday, April 23, 2007

Yes, I did run that Triathlon

Way back when, I said I was going to run a triathlon before I was 32. Well, that did happen. Sort of.

Coalition Forces Land Component Command (CFLCC) actually did sponsor a triathlon, and I did compete in it. However, it's not exactly like you would think.

It gets so ridiculously hot in Kuwait that they didn't want to risk anyone becoming a heat casualty, so they ran the Triathlon in three parts, with teams of three- one person doing each event.

Of course, I jumped on the opportunity to do this. So, I found two other Chaplain Assistants and we did it. It's been quite a while and I don't even remember their names now, but I had a girl and a guy on my team. She swam and he ran. I biked.

There were something like 48 teams that registered and we came in like 16th or something, if I remember correctly. So, we didn't do too badly. It was fun.

And I got another T-Shirt.

No comments: